Friday, January 9, 2009

New blogger for common sense

I am a new blogger, so forgive me as a work on it....I decided to start this blog for myself, it's easier than a diary and if it makes one person feel like they are not alone, then great! I will probably put some not politically correct things on here, they are my views and not meant to offend anyone, frankly, I think people are too easily offended and act like 2 year olds more than necessary....
I was recently at the dr's to check my heart out...it has been racing and acting up for a while now. Well, no wonder, our great nation is going to hell in a handbasket. I am a proponent of hard work and taking care of yourself, not the government doing it. I feel that if someone needs a job, McDonald's shouldn't be beneath them....It scares me that so many people think that the government, i.e. hardworking taxpayers, should hand them a check every month for nothing....It disgusts me.
My husband works hard every day, he has only a high school diploma, yet he has a better job than many college graduates, because of hard work and starting at the bottom and working his way up. He has morals and ethics those things are lacking so much in our society today.
This whole bailout crap....people signed up for mortgages that they couldn't afford, but there were some shady deals that made it possible to get into the houses....I am sorry, but unless theres a major extenuating circumstance, foreclosures should happen....Like I said, my husband has a good, secure job, but we live in a 115 year old house because that's what we could safely afford. We would drive around and see young families like ours moving into $200,ooo houses and wonder how they did it?? Well, now we know how many of them did it, and they should live and learn just like people did 30-50 years ago, when people worked for what they had. These government handouts, not bailouts, have no oversight and we don't even know who the money is going to and everyone is okay with that until they have to pay for other people's lack of common sense and greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment