Saturday, January 10, 2009

Integrity and common sense

I believe my first post may have left people with the feeling that I am not sympathetic to people's situations...I am. I send money to the homeless mission and when my kids get another year older, I would like to take them to serve dinners. I am just not sympathetic to people who regularly lack common sense...Like purchasing a house using "interest only payments" or who quit good jobs because they don't like their boss, or lose good jobs because they don't know how to keep nasty emails off their work computer. Those are the people I have little to no compassion for.
Why isn't there much integrity or common sense these days? We have older neighbors who we love dearly, they lived through the depression and worked night and day for everything they have, and their kids do too. I think we have gotten to a point where very few take pride in the fact that they worked for something, so why not charge it or ask the government for money for it??
I watched a show a while back comparing different people on welfare, very interesting. There was a lady who had her daughter living with her, she received welfare and the daughter had to pay rent on top of it... The daughter wanted out and the lady sat around with her hand out while her daughter worked and went to college. With an example like that, what do we expect??
The next person was a single mother who was living in government housing and getting a rent subsidy. She was working, going to school and trying to raise a child. I felt for her, just like I felt for the daughter in the previous scenario. The government agency helping her with rent decided to lower the amount they would give her because she got a raise at her job. Makes no sense to me....the other girl, wasn't getting any help and was trying to get an apartment on her own. You know who was doing the best?? The mother on welfare who didn't do anything for herself. Why work or educate yourself when the government will give you free money? Disgusting.
Future generations will pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment